Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Abusing the clock while riding the facebook phenomenon

When it first came around I was very averse to getting involved, purely because I thought the idea of it was a little silly for anyone out of school. Alas, I got an invite and thought why not give it a try. Yes I am talking about facebook. The site that connects you to those around you

After a few days of using it I actually realised that it was the perfect site for anyone who has left school. It has the ability to put you in contact with people you may have not seen in ages as well as those who live a few thousand miles away. And so during the first few weeks of my experience each day was filled with friend invites and wall writing. However, after a while I started to notice how the actual site consumes all of your waiting moments. And I have noticed how it is consuming the minutes of others in the office. I am sure that soon the facebook address will be ticked off on IT administrator's lists as a no go area between 8am and 5pm. I am sure this will lead to internal riots.

Well let's hope not because it is nice when one receives an unexpected wall post from a primary school friend who now resides on the banks of the Amazon.

No comments: